Silk Chassis takes the privacy of your information seriously. We do not sell your personal information to any third parties.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact the data controller at Silk Chassis:
35 Little Farthing Close, St Ives, Cambs, PE27 5JU
This policy is effective from 24.5.18 and will be reviewed and updated periodically.
Data is processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
Data is obtained for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes
Data processed is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary
Data is accurate and kept up to date, where applicable
Data is not kept for longer than necessary
Data is processed to ensure appropriate security of personal data
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Silk Chassis website, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device.
As you browse the website, we collect information about pages and products that you view and what search terms brought you to the website.
This information we refer to as ‘Device Information.’ We collect this information using the following technologies:
- ‘Cookies’ are data files placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier.
- ‘Log files’ track actions occurring on website, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- ‘Web beacons’, ‘tags’, and ‘pixels’ are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the website.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the website, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address, and phone number. We refer to this
YOUR RIGHTS - ACCESS TO & ACCURACY OF YOUR DATA
If you are a European resident you have rights relating to how we use and hold your Personal Information. This includes:
The right to access the personal information that we hold about you.
The right to change or rectify the personal information that we hold about you.
The right to stop email marketing.
We will always try to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and relevant. However, you may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate at any time. If you want to exercise your rights, or change the information that we hold about you, please contact us at: email@example.com or write to us at the address provided above.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you (for example if you order through the website), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
CONSENT TO EMAIL MARKETING
You will only receive marketing emails from Silk Chassis if you have ‘signed up’ or ‘opted in’ to receive them. These include e-newsletters, stock updates, promotions or news that we send out from time to time. Every email that you receive from us will include the option to unsubscribe (at the bottom of each email). You can also unsubscribe from these emails at any time by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or writing to our Data Controller at the above address. Please note:
- We don’t and won’t sell your email address to any third parties.
- Your email address will only be used by Silk Chassis for the purposes outlined above (unless we are required by law to provide it).
Our email subscription lists are managed by MailChimp , a data processor in the USA. It gathers statistics on email opening, location and clicks using their technologies. MailChimp participates in and has certified its compliance with the Privacy Shield framework. They treat all personal data received from EU member countries under the Privacy Shield framework.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the Order Information that we collect to:
- Generally fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations)
- Communicate with you about your order where required
- To help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address)
- If you have chosen to ‘Opt in’ to receiving marketing emails (when placing an order) then we may email you from time to time to provide you with information or advertising relating to our products
- And more generally we use Device Information to improve and optimise our webiste (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the website, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We only share your Personal Information with selected trusted third parties - these are organisations which enable us to processing your order effectively, to analyse website traffic and/or email marketing data, and to help us communicate products/services/marketing information effectively. These include:
- OpenCart- we use OpenCart to enable our online store.
- Postal/courier services - we use a selection postal and courier services to process/deliver your order and update you on the progress of your order.
- Google Analytics - we use this to help us understand how our customers use website, and to improve it - you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
- Stripe & Paypal - to process your payments efficiently and securely online.
- Facebook to provide targeted advertisements or marketing communications.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
ONLINE ACCOUNT REGISTRATION
To make online ordering fast and effective you may choose to register an online account on website. Any details that you provide when opening your account will be stored securely and available for future use. You may access your online account at any time to change/update your Personal Information and preferences, or close your account. Please note: if accessing your online account from a public device, then we recommend that you Log Out when you have finished your transaction.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our website’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
When you place an order through the website, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.